Sunday 28 February 2016

Dreams do come true...

Hello Everyone...

Here i am with my second mixed media canvas.Another quote which i strongly believe in.."Dreams do come true". Yes lots of mine came true and i hope the same for everyone..so keep dreaming...

Here are the pics..hope you like it..


close up


And here is how I made it.

1. I covered the the canvas with thin layer of gesso and once it dried, i added some pattern paper and white net lace randomly using modge podge to give some texture.

2. Next I painted over it with my fingers using acrylics paint ( color used - Lemon Yellow, Crimson Red and Viridian) till i satisfied with the background.

3. Then I added Chronlogy Urban Stamp from docrafts randomly using memento black ink. 

4. After that i added some texture using modelling paste, here i used my paper doily as a stencil ( though it is not so prominent because i have applied a thin layer, which i realized later ;)).

5. Once everything was dried, I glued the twine, my hand drawn butterfly (add some red color blings on it) and the sentiment ( highlighted the sentiment with black marker).

6.Then i spattered white gesso on my canvas using the paint brush after covering the butterfly.

7. Finally i covered the whole thing with a coat of mod podge and it was done :).

Playing along with following challenges:


Word Art Wednesday - Challenge 220 - Anything Goes

Love
Deepti Aggarwal



9 comments:

  1. Girl, you have done an amazing job! This is beautiful with so so much visual interest!

    Toni
    HLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this panel is so pretty. Love all the colors and textures. That butterfly is gorgeous and the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous Mixed Media canvas .... love the colours and the textures. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Mixed Media challenge. Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious and colorful canvas, love the quote Deepti. Thank you for playing along at STAMPlorations February Mixed Media Challenge and wish you good luck. Come and join us again in the next challenge. Happy creating!
    Hugs&Smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations Mixed Media DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the bright colors and depth you created on your canvas. Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh YEAH - so glad your BEAUTIFUL creation won the Artplorations Challenge Deepti. I just love your background and the twine just makes me smile. It makes me think - yes, dreams do come true but dear me - what loops and hills and valleys and challenges we must travel through to get there!!!!!!!!! This is WONDERFUL. XX j.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right!! We have to go through lots of ups and downs to reach there...Thanks for visiting my blog.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations Stencil Sunday last month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUch a beautiful n vibrant Canvas !

    ReplyDelete