Wednesday 21 September 2016

Cards for MFT Superstar Contest...




Hello my Crafty World,

Hope everyone is crafting!!!

Here I am back with couple of cards (to be precise - 3 cards :)) which i have made for MFT Superstar Contest. As usual , i am just in time ...he he he..Okie..lets talk about cards...Sorry for the long post...


To participate in this contest ..you must use only MFT Stamps and dies.. and i own only one stamp set i.e. Bionic Bolts which i have bought from Seven Hills Crafts. So one stamp and three cards ( coz you can max. enter 3 cards for this challenge otherwise i might have made more ;)).. I have used so many different techniques to made these cards which i wanted to try from long time ( I know I have a lazy butt..;))...

Card 1.. Masking masking and lots of masking... ( my favourite)


To make this card, I took A2 size watercolor paper and used my Stampoholic Stamping tool to mask the image (from MFT's  Bionic Bots stamp set), colored it with Gansai Tambi watercolors and added my handwritten sentiment to complete it. Isn't he cute!!! Here is the close up..




Card 2 - Shaker Card (kids favourite)


To make this card... I took A2 size watercolor paper, again I have used Stampoholic stamping tool .. arranged all the my stamps.. and stamping was done in just 2 steps...Colored all my cuties with Gansai Tambi watercolors.. I just colored it freehand, without bothering if the color is out of the image or not.. Then randomly cut the inside part with paper cutter knife. Took my card stock..added the sentiment from the same set, added acetate and some sequins.. ta da..shaker card is ready...

Card 3 - Masking, mirror stamping, no line water coloring... ( hubby's favourite - of course this will be his only , after all being an engineer, he spends half of his day with machines only.. he he he)


To make this card... First time, I have tried mirror technique.. (In the above image - pink image is the mirror image of blue one).. without mirror stamp, wasted lots of paper, tried almost all types of inks..Conclusion - as expert says.. pigment inks are the best for this technique..and i found you can use distress inks too but it will only work if you decide to go for no line water coloring ( coz even if lines are smudgy, you will cover it with your water coloring...I think enough of talking...lets see how i did it...

I took my stamp, covered it with ink.. and then kissed it my acrylic block.. now you can see image is on your acrylic block then i kissed it with my smooth card stock ( so much of kissing..after all we are making love card..;))..Then I have colored the stamped images with water color, fussy cut it...masked the heart on the card stock...added the sentiments and little hearts..done... I love the way they are holding each others hand...



I am really sorry for the long post...

Please let me know which one is your favourite...

Thank you for stopping by!!

Hugs!!
Deepti Aggarwal


6 comments:

  1. Pretty Cards Deepti..the shaker one is my favourite..Great coloring..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw these on FB!! LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I see you are enjoying water coloring! Amazing cards Deepti! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful..I loved how you have used one stamp to create three different cards and all of them are fun !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deep time, these cards are just stunning. They are all so much fun. Cathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Deepti. Good luck to us all.

    ReplyDelete