Wednesday 16 August 2017

Customized Rakhi Cards..

Hello Friends...

Here is my second post of the day...earlier one was my scheduled DT post...:)


Few weeks back , I have made couple of customized cards (to be precise 4.. sharing 2 cards in this post) for Raksha Bhandhan which we  have celebrated on 7th August ( For my international friends ..Raksha Bhandhan is a Hindu festival which means "bond of protection".On Raksha Bandhan, a sister ties a rakhi (sacred thread) on her brother's wrist with a prayer for his prosperity and happiness. This symbolizes the sister's love. The brother gives her a token gift and a promise to protect her.) But didn't get time to upload the same...So finally....I am here ..:) and participating in couple of challenges too ..



Here is card 1



This is my first Quirky card..which I made for my younger brother.. as he is currently settled in London.. I drew UK map and colored it..Love this super cute image from Jane's doodles which reminds me of our childhood...


And here is Card 2

For this card I drew the earth and colored it with gansai tambi watercolors , sentiments are handwritten. I have made 2 more cards with same theme..will share the same in next post..


Playing along with:















Thank you so much for stopping by!!

Hugsxx
Deepti Aggarwal

8 comments:

  1. I am sure your brothers must be gigling !! Super fun cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous Deepti, so much fun. Thank you for the little lesson too, I didn't know about this festival and it's always great to learn more about others' beliefs. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are 2 wonderful cards, and I really appreciate learning more about your holiday. Thanks for explaining and also, thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute love it ...Its always a pleasure dropping in at your blog !
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun cards! And great to incorporate the maps! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card. I love the fun image and great background. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.
    Billie A
    Creative with Stamps
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Aud Sentiments
    Paper Play Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun cards Deepti :) Congratulations on the PCM win :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun cards!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete