Thursday 3 March 2022

Seize the Birthday Surprise Party Guest - Ocean Creatures

Hello Everyone,

I'm so excited to be joining Seize the Birthday team as their "Surprise Party Guest" for the next two months i.e. March & April. Thank you so much Nancy for inviting me and giving me this wonderful opportunity to play along with your super talented designers and at the same time  build my Birthday Card stash ;).

This is what I've created for this challenge...



All "Seize the Birthday" Challenges are "Anything Goes", with an optional topping for those who want to try something different. And for the next two weeks, the topping is Ocean Creatures.


To make this card, I first created this alcohol background on photo paper using Alcohol inks. Once satisfied, I cut it out approx. half inch from all the side as compared to the A2 size White card base. Then , I adhered this alcohol ink background on the White card base using foam tape to give some dimension.


Meanwhile, I die cut out these Ocean Creatures on colored cardstock using Aveccreative dies which I recently added to my stash. Then I stamped some fishes from MFT - Mermazing stamp set. I adhered all the die cut out creatures and elements using foam tape to create this underwater scene.


I stamped the sentiment from YNS- mini HB mermaid stamp set on White paper strip and adhered to card base. Finally I added some googly eyes to all these ocean creatures to make it more fun :).

I hope you get inspired and will join us with your Birthday card in the gallery, with or without the topping.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hugsxx
Deepti Aggarwal

Playing along with:



16 comments:

  1. Big congrats on your GDT, Deepti! Love your card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fabulously colorful card!!! Your background is wonderful and love the googly eyes. Thanks so much for playing with us. Can't wait to see what else is in store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Seize the Birthday Challenge! Your real looking watercolor alcohol background is great with these colorful and fun fishes. Those googly eyes make me laugh! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepti, Your card again makes me smile! We are lucky to have you with us! Can't wait to see the rest of your cards! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Guesting! Super cute sea creatures on this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable and absolutely fun card!! Love the gorgeous scene you've created with that wonderful alcohol ink background and the colorful fishes. Thank you so much for this awesome inspiration - its wonderful to have you with us for the next two months!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to have you joining the birthday party! Your alcohol ink background is perfect for this fun ocean scene. Love their googly eyes, too. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the party! I love your colourful ocean scene, and the alcohol background works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute and cheerful card! Thanks for linking up to our March challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the bright sea creatures-so cute! Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that AI background, it's gorgeous and those colourful creatures look wonderful with it. Thankyou for being our guest at STB, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun and cute card. I had to smile on seeing it! So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fun and I love all those bold and beautiful colors. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun card with all those cute ocean creatures and great background. Glad to have you as our guest designer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deepti, your card is amazing, I adore all your sea creatures and with the googly eyes it just makes them so much more fun! So happy to see you as our Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so great to have you join us! You rocked this challenge - fabulous background for your bright and fun ocean creatures. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete