Wednesday 27 May 2020

Jane's Doodle Challenge - Guest Designer Post

Hello Everyone,

I'm so excited to be guest designing from Jane's Doodle Current Challenge where the theme is Birthday.


For my card, I chose Jane's Doodle Tulip stamp set (because someone in the family loves Tulip flowers more than anything else and this card is for her :) which I bought recently and using it for the first time..Yay!! Yes.. this is an achievement because I buy lots of crafty stuff and then don't use it. I have a huge pile of stamps which I bought and never used them :(


Anyways.. Over to my birthday card..


I wanted to try something different... like in photography we focus on one image and rest get blurred..I tried to achieve same in this card... I don't know how successful I am... ;) but overall I am happy with the result..


I took watercolor paper and die cut it out using STAMPlorations stitched rectangle dies. I started with stamping the tulips with distress ink and water colored the same loosely and added a layer of white also at the end to tone down the color. Meanwhile did no line coloring for highlighted image and fussy cut it.


Adhered the same on the tulip background using foam tape . Stamped the sentiment from Jane's Doodle - Anemone stamp set and completed it by adding some glossy accent droplets.

I hope you like it.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Hugsxx
Deepti Aggarwal

Playing along with:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes Challenge #440-#441
Stamping Sensations May - Say it with Flowers
Uniko Challenge #59 - Anything Goes + optional twist Bright & Happy

HLS May Watercolour Challenge - playing without twist

Time Out Challenge #162 - Nature set you free...

WWC273 - Marsha's Challenge: All About Occasions

STAMPlorations Spring Fling Link Party

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours on your pretty floral card, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love how you achieved that idea of main image with blurred background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers for the Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Deepti and I would say a success! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card with a super colour combination. Thank you for joining us in our 'Say It With Flowers ' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you've done a fantastic job with the 'photography' aspect. I like trying things like that too but doesn't always work out....All of the pink is so eye-catching and love that you coloured the whole panel. The splatters add so much interest and the simple, small sentiment in black is perfect. Always lovely to see you at TIME OUT!!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....this is simply amazing. Love the bright and bold colors, your tulips are fabulous! Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique technique, you are on fire with your creative ideas! Love the popped up tulip. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very beautiful! Love your colours. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The results are just beautiful! Very eye catching! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your experiment has worked really well, the background tulips blend into soft focus allowing the fussy cut bloom to pop.
    Thanks for sharing at Uniko. :)

    ReplyDelete