Friday 20 November 2020

DIY Jewelry Video Tutorial featuring WoodUbend

Hello Everyone,

I’m so excited to be at The Hedgehog Hollow blog with my another post using  November month Subscription box . Today, I'm sharing some DIY Jewelry project where I've made a pair of Necklace with matching earrings using WoodUBend sample product which was included in this month's box. This is my first trial on jewelry making which is totally out of my comfort zone and that too without using any Jewelry making tool :).

Handmade Jewelry set

Before starting, Let me give you a bit info about this WoodUBend product. As the name suggested, their mouldings are made up of wood which can be easily bend by heating. Once it cools down it remains in that shape and becomes hard again.

Purple colored jewelry set

I have a step by step video tutorial to show you how I made this pair of Necklace along with earrings , head over to my YouTube channel .

I started with heating the piece of WoodUBend moulding using heat gun and pressed it to make it straight. After that I cut it using Craft Knife and made a hole also using a prick tool. Make sure whenever you do this just heat it before otherwise it might break/crack . Heating makes this wood soft and easy to work with.

handmade Necklace set

Once, I cut this ribbon moulding in to the desired length then, I smoothen the edges using sand paper.

After that, I colored these pieces with white acrylic paint and then with my choice of colors. Once satisfied, I highlighted the design on the wood moulding with gold acrylic paint using paint brush.

Purple necklace set

Finally, I assembled it by adding silver rings and hooks which I took from my Kids Jewelry making kit... :)...Ta da... our beautiful piece of jewelry set is ready. Isn't it beautiful? My girls loved it as I matched it with their costume. Hope you liked it too.

Handmade purple necklace

We would love to see what you are creating with this wonderful box. Don’t forget that you can share your projects on The Hedgehog Hollow Box Facebook group as well as Stamping at the Hedgehog Hollow Facebook group.

Thank you so much for joining me today . I’ll be back here soon.

Hugsxx

Deepti Aggarwal ( Blog | Facebook Instagram | YouTube )


8 comments:

  1. such a nice piece of article. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. This is a very valuable thing you shared. good stuff!!valentine day gift for couple 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly appreciate this. It is an extraordinary site and has a pleasant article. Great job! You all do an extraordinary blog, Keep up the great work.Krishna Jewellers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am truly impressed by this post which you have provided regarding jewelry. It is an interesting post for me as well as for others. Thanks for sharing such post here. Custom Made Jewelry Miami

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am attracted by the presentation of this post. This information about Jewelry. This jewelry is really good. I really appreciate your work. It is a gainful post for us. Keep posting. Thank you.christina jewelry USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog contains lots of valuable data. It is a factual and beneficial article for us.traditional Emirati jewellery Dubai. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent information, Thanks for publishing such essential information. You are doing such a good job. This information is very helpful for everyone. Keep it up. Thanks. mens necklace

    ReplyDelete

  7. Thanks for share your information. Your blog has been really great. I learned a lot from here.I hope you will give us such more awesome blogs. Thank you. Here you will find many Exquisite styles WITH IN each item! Like an Emerald, She is Elegant, Radiant & Luxier than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Good, This is excellent information which is shared by you. This information is very meaningful and magnificent for us to increase our knowledge about it. Always keep sharing this kind of information. Thank you. tungsten carbide mens rings

    ReplyDelete