Friday 27 November 2020

Slimline Mixed Media Holiday Card - Hedgehog Hollow November Subscription Box

ello Everyone, 

I’m at Hedgehog Hollow blog with another post using the November Subscription box. Today, I'm sharing a slimline CAS Mixed Media Holiday card using "Believe" stencil from Maker Forte which was included in this month subscription box. Have you ever tried Mixed Media cards ? If not, then this post will give you some courage ;).. It's so easy and fun to play with different inks and there is absolutely no chance of making mistakes :)

To start with, I die cut out Watercolor card stock panel using Crealies Slimline Dies . Then, I Ink blended it using Mowed Lawn, Candid Apple and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxides. Now the fun part, I ink smooshed this ink blended panel using same Distress Oxide colors. Every time I smooshed the color on the panel, I dried it using Heat tool to get the grunge effect. I repeated this process till I was satisfied. 

After that, I stamped this panel randomly with "Oh Holy Night" sentiment and star from Nativity stamp set using Black Archival ink. Here is the tip, don't use stamping pad for stamping, just do it with your hands to add interest.

Then, I partially stenciled this panel using same Distress Oxide colors where I added Ornaments at the top and stars randomly using Believe Stencil.

Once satisfied with the background, I stenciled only the "Believe" part from the stencil using Pebeo Modeling paste and masked rest of the stencil with washi tape.

Once the panel dried, I mounted it on white card base and added some silver sequins for the final touch up. I really enjoyed making this fun Mixed Media slimline card. I hope you like it too.

Don’t forget that you can share your projects on The Hedgehog Hollow Box Facebook group as well as Stamping at the Hedgehog Hollow Facebook group. We would love to see what you are creating with this wonderful box. If not, then you can shop your Hedgehog Hollow box now.

Thank you so much for joining me today . I’ll be back here soon.

Hugsxx

Deepti Aggarwal ( Blog | Facebook Instagram | YouTube )

No comments:

Post a Comment