Wednesday 16 September 2020

Celebrate with dancing skeleton - Hedgehog Hollow September Subscription Box

Hello Everyone,

I’m so thrilled to be at The Hedgehog Hollow blog with my first DT post using September month Subscription box where the theme is “Dia De Muertos” which means “Day of the Dead”. It’s a Mexican festival and you can have more information about it here at Wikipedia. To see all the products in the subscription box, click here.

And if you like animated movies then I'll recommend you to watch this beautiful animated Disney movie called "Coco" to know more about this Mexican festival.


Over to my card, I got inspired by Andy Warhol’s Pop Art to make this card. I have a quick process video tutorial here at my YouTube channel for this card..


I started with standard A2 size white card stock and divided the front panel in to four equal quarters using ruler and pencil. After that, I masked the edges using half centimetre Washi tape. Then, I distress inked these quarters using bright color Distress Oxides by masking them. I have used these four Distress Oxide colors – Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn and Candid Apple for inking.


Meanwhile, I took colored card stocks and stamped these cute dancing skeletons from “Dia De Los Muertos” stamp set using Versamark ink and heat embossed these using black embossing powder. After that, I fussy cut these skeletons which I heat embossed on colored card stock.


Now, its time to assemble this fun card, I stamped the “Celebrate” sentiment on the inked background at the center using “Day of the Dead Words” stamp set. After that, I adhered these dancing skeletons on each quarter using foam tape. Voila!!! our colorful, bright celebration card for “Dead of the Day” festival is ready.


If you have already got your subscription box then don’t forget that you can share your projects on The Hedgehog Hollow Box Facebook group as well as Stamping at the Hedgehog Hollow Facebook group. We would love to see what you are creating with this wonderful box. If not then you can shop your Hedgehog Hollow box now.

Thank you so much for joining me today .I hope you enjoyed my post. I’ll be back here soon with another inspiration post.

Hugsxx
Deepti Aggarwal 

No comments:

Post a Comment