Friday 25 September 2020

Sugar Skull Love Card - Hedgehog Hollow September Subscription Box

Hello Everyone, I'm so excited to be back at The Hedgehog Hollow  blog with my another post using September month Subscription box . I'm really having fun playing with this wonderful box.

For today's post, I've made Sugar Skull love card... Yes...You heard it right.. Does it sounds creepy???... nah...I feel, all these elements which represents "Day of the Dead" festival like Sugar skull, their fun characters and the bright colors adds a fun and lots of interest to the love card. I really enjoyed educating myself about this Mexican festival.

Sugar Skull love card

To make this card, I started with white card stock and die cut out the Sugar Skull using skull dies. Then, I ink blended rest of the card stock with Distress Oxides. I have used these six Distress Oxide colors - Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin and Candid Apple for inking.

sugar skull diecutting sugarskull ink blending

Sugar skull card dead of the day

Once satisfied, I adhered this ink blended card panel to the card base with foam tape. After that I glued the die cut out skull also on the card base. I kept the Panel behind the skull white to highlight my focal images.

sugar skull love card

Then, I stamped these cute couple images from "Dia De Los Muertos" stamp set using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink . I colored these images using alcohol markers and fussy cut it. After that, I adhered these images to the card front panel with foam tape along with stamped sentiment on white strip. Finally added some gold sequins to complete the card.

big rose stencil
 
To add some interest, I played with inside of the card too ;), I stenciled it very lightly using Big Rose Stencil from the kit and stamped the rest of the sentiment from “Day of the Dead Words” stamp set . I made a matching envelope too by simply stamping the images.

forever together sugar skull card

I really enjoyed making this fun love card. I hope you like it too.

love card

Don’t forget that you can share your projects on The Hedgehog Hollow Box Facebook group as well as Stamping at the Hedgehog Hollow Facebook group. We would love to see what you are creating with this wonderful box. If not then you can shop your Hedgehog Hollow box now.

Thank you so much for joining me today . I'll be back here soon.

Hugsxx

Deepti Aggarwal ( Blog | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube )

No comments:

Post a Comment