Saturday 13 March 2021

Crealies New Release Inspiration Day 1 - Gatefold Shutter Card

Hello Everyone,

I'm stopping by to share this fun Gatefold Shutter card using Crealies new products. These Shutter dies are so fun and it make 4 by 4 inches gatefold note card. I made this fun card for my cute Catie (my younger daughter ;)) who is a big fan of interactive cards. 

Over to my card...


To make this card, I first made the base structure using Crealies White stamping card stock. Please check Mandy's video here at Crealies Youtube channel. She has explained it so beautifully.

Here is the close up of front Panel where I stenciled the die cut out layers on white card stock (which is the part of shutter dies) with Distress Oxides using Crealies Circle stencils.


Similarly, I stenciled the inside die cut out panel and layered it. I ink blended the inside of card side panels using same distress Oxide colors. 


Once satisfied with ink blending, I added the flaps as shown in the video and  marked the area for my space for the pic and glued it. Then I added die cut out panel with circle which I stamped and ink blended using foam tape to complete the mechanism.


To close this gatefold card, I created this slider mechanism using Cat Partzz dies. Here is small video to see how this gatefold shutter card works.


I hope you get inspired.

Thank you so much for stopping by!! 

Hugsxx
Deepti Aggarwal

I have used following Crealies products:

Crealies Dies / Stansen:

Crealies Stamps/ Stempels:

Crealies Mixed Media:

Crealies Basic:
    
Stamping cardstock, white 240 grams (20x A4)  

Playing along with:
 
Time Out Challenge #183   - I made this shutter style card for the first time... 

  

5 comments:

  1. This is such a clever idea, have never seen a card that opens like this where you remove a piece. I bet your daughter loved this, especially the cute little cat. The colours are gorgeous and really like how you stamped the sentiment off to the side and repeated. Its a brilliant card and I'm always so excited to see you at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable Deepti... Love the interactive element.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations challenge - Anila

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! The color blending is so pretty.

    Thanks for playing with us at Cut it Up for our Just for Kids challenge!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun gatefold card! I especially love the stenciling and the way you personalized this for the recipient. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WoW !! That is super amazing. Such an unusual design - I've never seen anything like that :-)
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete